That’s right, I’m doing it again. National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short) is right around the corner, and I’ve committed to doing it again this year. I’m taking a short break from my Otherworld Trilogy to start my Murphy Family Mysteries series. So, what book am I doing this year?
This will be the first of many mysteries for the zany but endearing Murphy family. I’m not letting myself do a whole lot of over-planning for this one. I’m trying to short-circuit my perfectionist tendencies that usually make me bog down in my writing. This year, I intend to make steady progress and have an extremely rough draft to work from by November 30.
What tools do I have in my arsenal for this November? Here’s a short list:
- LOTS OF COFFEE
- A Basic Idea of Where the Story Is Going
- The 5KWPH App/Technique Developed by Chris Fox
- My Bullet Journal/Planner
- Supportive Family & Friends Who Will Hold Me Accountable Via Our Facebook Group
- My Awesome Word Count Widget In the Sidebar of My Blog! →
- My Fantastic Blogging Community
- Some New ADHD Management Techniques I Learned from Overcoming Distractions by David A. Greenwood
- My Amazing Friend Lacey At The Creative Kitchen & Her YouTube Channel (Daily Check-Ins Are Totally Going to Happen)
- My Trusty, Well-Worn Copy of A Writer’s Guide to Persistence
- Did I mention COFFEE?
Well, that’s about all I have for you guys right now! 🙂 Stay tuned for all the NaNoWriMo shenanigans!