“Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory. Be brave enough to live life creatively.” -Alan Alda
I needed this quote today. As you can probably tell by my inconsistency in posting lately, I’ve been wavering on the value of my blog, and whether or not it’s worth it for me to continue to pursue this when I have no real measurable income to speak of right now.
My logical mind is screaming at me to hurry up and finish my medical transcription and editing courses so I can make money and be an active contributor to my marriage. My logical mind likes to make me feel like this blog is a waste of time.
My heart and soul disagree. All I’ve ever wanted to be is a successful writer, and that desire is never going to go away. I still need to finish my medical transcription courses, yes, but I also feel that I must continue to “Be brave enough to live life creatively,” as Alan Alda so eloquently put it.
So, in the interest of both continuing to heed my calling and bringing in an income to contribute to my marriage, what am I going to do?
- I’m going to pray for God’s guidance.
- I’m going to get back on my schedule.
- I’m going to do my writing very first thing in the morning.
- After I’ve done my writing for the day, I’m going to work on my MTE school.
- I’m going to spend at least one hour a day on housework.
- I’m going to pray some more.
- I’m going to get back to using the 5,000 Words Per Hour method created by Chris Fox.
- I’m going to finish Frost as soon as I get the help I need from my beta readers.
If you are interested in beta reading for me, please contact me.