“When you lose a couple of times, it makes you realize how difficult it is to win.”
I feel like this quote goes hand in hand with my post from yesterday. When you’re on top, success feels like the easiest, most natural thing in the world. What happens when we stumble, falter, or fail? Suddenly “winning” and success takes on a different hue.
Suddenly, you sit back and think “I worked so hard! How the hell did I lose? I did everything I usually do, so why wasn’t it enough this time?”
Here’s the cold, hard truth of the matter: sometimes your best effort simply isn’t enough. On the flip side, though, sometimes “losing” makes you realize that you really haven’t been giving things your best effort.
So, what do you do? What can you do?
- Accept the situation.
- If you’re somehow culpable for the failure, take responsibility for that.
- Analyze what happened, and figure out what you could do better next time.
- Pick yourself up & dust yourself off.
- Make the decision to keep going and do better next time.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Continue to heed your calling, while incorporating any valuable lessons learned into your personal paradigm.
God bless y’all! I’d love to hear what you feel your calling is. I know I can’t be the only one out there who feels called to pursue something.